Monday, May 15, 2017

My DIT Immersion Journey Part IV


Almost at the final frontier of my journey to finish the immersion with my mentor and warm accolades of the staff comprising PLDT South Luzon Fixed Access and Transport Operation in the Bicol Region Field Force 5 Office.

This is a busy week because I got the chance to properly witness the management and operations and make a personal encounter with the confidential Domestic Fiber Optic Network (DFON).

Fig. 1 Hitting the road to Pasacao


I along with my colleague Sir Ian were very excited to go to Pasacao, Camarines Sur to visit one of their installation sites. We were lucky to get permission from Sir Rhomar our mentor to accompany them during inspection. Actually, taking pictures of the machineries and equipment is not allowed so we just feast our eyes on the magnificence of fiber optic transport and its complete package.

Fig. 2 Pasacao PLDT at the background


It was almost a 1 1/2 hr ride from the headquarters and I am personally excited to hit the road and take on another adventure and learning. The road to Pasacao is full of new things to explore because it is close to the mountain and on our left side is the ocean. We were on the service vehicle but I am imagining the ambiance would be great. There are lots of traffic ahead but we were manage to arrive on time.

Fig. 3 A great view, way ahead...


The guard opened the gate and we open the door of the vehicle and we saw the building where the DFON is installed. At first we thought we will not have a chance to see the equipment but a gesture from Sir Rhomar to follow him inside on a highly secured facility make my day.

Fig. 4 PLDT Pasacao near the beach


Inside was a big room full of wirings and fiber optic cables connected through layers of switches and relays. I am just stating generic impressions, other stuff are confidential so to summarize it all, it was awesome.

Fig. 5 Foodies and goodies, courtesy of PLDT friends


The next thing we knew is that we were already at the beach looking at the marvelous horizon thinking about the research that we need to do.

Fig. 6 Setting up the mood at the nearby beach


Days passed and I am still wondering how to finally start my research. Then it came as an idea but I now have the lead. Thanks for the experiences I learned from PLDT.

Fig. 7 Thanks PLDT for the experiences


I would like to personnally thank the management of PLDT SLFxATOP for giving me and my colleague this chance and opportunity to be able to work with them through observations and the pieces of advices we got from our dear mentor Mr. Rhomar Encanto.

2 comments:

  1. Ang galing.. congrats sir ian and sir nicart.. learning while doing some sight seeing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless on our dissertation writing Sir. - Jane:)

    ReplyDelete

My DIT Immersion Journey Part IV

Almost at the final frontier of my journey to finish the immersion with my mentor and warm accolades of the staff comprising PLDT South Luz...